no crust pumpkin pie
The easiest gluten free pumpkin pie recipe ever! (Also scrumptious!)
no crust pumpkin pie
There's a million pumpkin pie recipes out there.
This super-quick no crust pumpkin pie uses gluten free bisquick substitute for a delicious, easy alternative to traditional recipes. All you do is measure everything into a large bowl... and MIX! Easy-peasy!
The gluten free pumpkin pie filling in this recipe is made from scratch. If you want to use a premade pie filling, check the ingredients list for hidden gluten.
I'm experimenting with a more traditional pumpkin pie crust recipe, which I'll post when it's perfected. My daughter is my willing guinea pig and tells me that pumpkin is a vegetable and therefore good for her!
REALLY from scratch...
I don't use canned pumpkin - I buy a small pumpkin, cut it in half, place it cut side down on a baking sheet and bake it at 350 for about an hour or until it's soft when I poke it with a knife.
Clean out the seeds, scrape the cooked pumpkin out of the shell, mash and voila!
If you have leftovers, make pumpkin bread.
No crust pumpkin pie recipe
- 1 16 oz can pure pumpkin
- 1 3/4 cups evaporated milk or coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup gluten free bisquick substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or 1/4 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 3/4 to 1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- Pinch of nutmeg
How to make no crust pumpkin pie
- Butter a 10 inch pie plate.
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Beat with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Gently pour into the pie plate.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for five minutes before serving or serve cold with whipped cream... ice cream... spiced coffee...
Notes on a bisquick pie crust
If you're not familiar with the Bisquick brand, you won't know that this gluten free pumpkin pie recipe creates its own bisquick pie crust (even though it's called a no crust pumpkin pie). It's not a true pastry crust - more like a quiche - but the flavor and texture are great.
And best of all, we celiacs can still enjoy this traditional fall favorite. Trust me - it works!
I'm working on loading bunch of gluten free bisquick pie crust (and other) recipes, so subscribe to my RSS feed so you don't miss any.
I'd love it if you'd share your favorite bisquick recipes too!
Gluten Free Bisquick Substitute
Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread
Gluten Free Recipes Homepage from No Crust Pumpkin Pie
Search for bisquick recipes
Want to find more recipes that use gluten free bisquick substitute? Just use the search box below.
Type in the word "bisquick" (without the quotes) and hit Search. Every page on this website that includes the word Bisquick will pop up. Poke through them and decide what recipe to try next.