Lavender Bubble Bath Salts
A luscious lavender recipe for making bath salts... with bubbles to cheer you up!
Soothing, warming and comforting, these lavender bubble bath salts take the edge off that miserable mood and those tired, achy muscles.
Plus the bubbles just make you smile. Use this recipe to distract and calm your cranky kids - I promise, it works better than a time out!
These homemade bath salts relieve muscle and joint pain by reducing inflammation and releasing tension, as well as sedating and balancing the nervous system.
Good for arthritis pain, muscle spasm, achiness from colds and flu, and discomfort from overworked muscles. Also good for stress, insomnia and PMS/menopause.
This one of the most interesting, versatile bath products you can make - suitable for kids and anyone with sensitive skin.
Lavender Bubble Bath Salts Recipe
- 3 cups Dead Sea Salt (do NOT use Epsom salt - it cakes up)
- 1/4 cup liquid Castile Soap
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Glycerin
- 1 teaspoon white Sugar
- 12 drops Lavender essential oil
- 2 drops Rose Geranium essential oil
- 1 drop Clary Sage essential oil
- 1 drop Chamomile essential oil
- Optional: 10 drops blue, 2 drops red food coloring
- Measure the salt into a large ceramic, glass or metal bowl (not plastic - it will absorb the essential oils and be ruined.)
- In a separate bowl, stir together the remaining ingredients until thoroughly mixed.
I recommend using a metal spoon - a wooden or plastic spoon also absorbs essential oils.
- Pour the soap mixture into the salt and stir until the salt is evenly coated.
- Spoon the lavender bubble bath salts into a
dark glass or PET plastic jar and let cure for 24 hours before using.
- Use about one cup of salts per bath. This bath salt recipe makes enough for three baths.
Click here for tips on making your bath magical.
Where to Buy Homemade Bath Salt Ingredients
My favorite supplier for aromatherapy recipe ingredients is
Mountain Rose Herbs. They have excellent products at good prices, and their staff is friendly and helpful.
Here's some quick links to the ingredients you'll need for this recipe for bath salts...
Dead Sea salt
Liquid castile soap
Why not try these recipes for more yummy homemade bath salts...
Eucalyptus Epsom Salt Bath
Silk n' Spice Bath Salts
Summer Rose Bath Salts
Tension Tamer Bath Salts
Bath Salt Recipes Main Page
Aromatherapy Recipes Homepage from Lavender Bubble Bath Salts
Or if you want to find more recipes with lavender in them, use the search box below.
Simply type in "lavender" (without the quotes) and hit Search.
Every page on this website that includes the word Lavender will pop up.
Poke through them and decide what recipe to try next.
(There's a really nice
Lavender Lotion recipe you could use after your bath...)
Midsummer sweet & sensual with orange and vanilla
Relaxing with lavender, ylang ylang and chamomile
Woodland a woodsy, relaxing scent with lavender, cedar & fir
Naturally Skinsational: Rejuvenating Skin Care Recipes by Sue Dolan
This ebook is a fabulous resource I found while researching my aromatherapy recipes.
While not strictly aromatherapy, these recipes follow the same healthy, natural principles, using fresh ingredients from your kitchen.
Here's the basics of what Sue's ebook gives you:
Click here to order - you get over 150 skincare recipes!
- 135 popular skincare recipes
- 15 firming mask recipes that help tighten your skin & reduce your pores
- Free e-course in 6 email sessions
- Natural treatments for acne, rosacea & dry, flaky skin
- 12 additional anti-aging facial recipes