Homemade Skin Toner Recipes
Why and when to use a facial skin toner -
plus (of course!) recipes
Lots of people skip the face toner in their skincare routine. While skin care toner isn't as critical as your basic cleanser,
it can help improve the overall look of your skin, as well as balance oil production.
It's also a great "cheat" if you're too tired to cleanse your face properly before bed.
Just spritz on, wipe off, and follow with moisturizer. This isn't an everyday solution to proper skincare, but it is okay in a pinch.
You need to make sure you match your homemade skin toner with your skin type.
Use a mild, moisturizing facial skin toner for dry or sensitive skin and an astringent, antibacterial toner for oily or acne-prone skin.
Basic Method for Making Face Toner
- Combine the ingredients in a dark glass or PET plastic bottle.
- Shake well to combine. Wait 24 hours before using to let the mixture "cure".
- To use: Shake the bottle of toner to mix everything together, then wet a cotton cosmetic pad with the toner and gently wipe it over your skin.
- Follow with moisturizer or facial oil.
Homemade Skin Toner for
This gentle, cleansing facial skin toner helps calm skin irritation, reduce wrinkles and promote the growth of healthy skin - a great anti-aging toner that smells divine!
Dry, Mature or Sensitive Skin
- 1 cup (250ml) Rose Hydrosol (rose water)
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) Vegetable Glycerin (optional)
- 3 drops Helichrysum OR Lavender essential oil
- 3 drops Frankincense essential oil
- 3 drops Sandalwood essential oil
- 1 drop Chamomile essential oil
Homemade Skin Toner for Normal or Combination Skin
Hydrosols are floral waters that come from steam distilling plant materials. They're like essential oils but much less concentrated. You could use lavender hydrosol in this homemade skin toner recipe, but it doesn't smell quite as nice.
- 1 cup (250ml) Rose Geranium Hydrosol
- 7 drops Lavender essential oil
- 1 drop Rose Geranium essential oil
- 1 drop Palmarosa essential oil
- 1 drop Patchouli essential oil
- 1 drop Ylang Ylang essential oil
Homemade Skin Toner for Oily or Acne Prone Skin
This skin care toner tightens pores and removes excess oil. It also kills acne-causing bacteria and gets rid of any dirt you missed with your cleanser.
- 1 cup (250ml) Witch Hazel
- 3 drops Palmarosa essential oil
- 3 drops Petitgrain essential oil
- 3 drops Lemongrass essential oil
- 3 drops Tea Tree essential oil
- 1 drop Rose Geranium essential oil
Where to Buy Organic Skin Toners
I found a great company called Just Natural
that makes healthy, organic skin care products, including a nice line of facial toners. Take a look...
Toner for All Skin Types with more than 200 active ingredients to improve the skin's ability to hydrate itself.
Dry Skin Toner includes green tea, cucumber, rose and chamomile to soothe, balance and attract moisture.
Oily Skin Toner alcohol free, with naturally astringent plant extracts to reduce shine and prevent blemishes.
Acne Toner with natural extracts that fight bacteria to control and prevent breakouts. 20 times more powerful than Tea Tree.
Check out some more great aromatherapy facial recipes you can make for every step of your skincare routine.
Or click here to learn more about
why a good skincare routine is so important from Just Natural Organics.
Facial Cleanser Recipes
Homemade Facial Scrubs
Homemade Face Masks
Homemade Facial Moisturizers
Facial Steam Recipes
Facial Recipes Help
Homemade Acne Remedies
Aromatherapy Recipes Homepage from Homemade Skin Toner
Want to find more recipes for your skin type?
Simply use the Search Box below.
For example, type in "dry skin" (without the quotes) and hit Search.
Every page on this website that includes the words Dry Skin will pop up. Poke through them and decide which recipe to try next.
Buy the Best Organic Skin Toner
This Herbal Facial Kit
from Mountain Rose Herbs contains:
Herbal Steam, Cleansing Grains, Green Clay Mask, Facial Oil Blend, Flowerwater Toner
Healthy herbal face care for a really nice price!
This is just something I really like (not aromatherapy related) ...
I LOVE my juicer!
I use it every day, and since I started a couple of years ago, here's what's happened:
- I've lost 30 pounds
- My skin has cleared up
- My energy has improved
- I don't get sick as much
- My depression is gone (mostly)
Seriously, juicing is AMAZING!
I found this ebook while poking around for recipes on the internet, and I like it so much I thought I'd share it with you.
If you're into healthy eating or raw foods, this book has super-simple, delicious juice recipes you'll love.
Philip McClusky, the author, lost over 200 pounds eating raw foods and using these recipes. Just sayin'
If you're thinking of upgrading your diet, this is a quick, easy, yummy way to get an instant health boost.
Check it out!