I bought some mango butter while on vacation. I love it! What do I need to make mango butter?A:
Yummm! Here's a homemade mango body butter recipe you can try.Homemade Mango Body Butter
2/3 cup (4oz) Shea Butter
1/3 cup (2oz) Mango Butter
1 teaspoon Jojoba oil
3 teaspoons Grapeseed oil
1/4 teaspoon Vitamin E (or 1 capsule)
10 drops Lemongrass essential oil
10 drops Palmarosa essential oil
2 drops Geranium essential oil
1 teaspoon Corn Starch (reduces "greasy" feeling)
- Put about an inch (2.5cm) of water in the bottom of a medium-sized pot and heat to a low simmer.
- Place the Mango and Shea butter in a large heat-proof glass measuring cup (like Pyrex.)
Put the measuring cup in the water and warm it slowly over a low heat until the butters are completely melted.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Using an electric hand mixer, whip the body butter for several minutes (just like you whip frosting.) As you keep mixing, it will start to look like whipped cream. The more you whip it, the lighter it gets.
- When it's done, spoon the whipped body butter into your jar. To reduce air bubbles, tap the jar on the counter occasionally as you're filling it. Makes about 8 ounces.
This recipe makes quite a firm body butter. To make it lighter, switch out some of the mango butter with more shea butter.
Also, feel free to change the essential oils if you want a different scent.