Bubble bath recipes... quick, easy homeade bath products
Bubble baths are a fun way to spend time in the tub. Making your own homemade bubble bath
makes sense if you like to use it a lot or if you want to try a bunch
of different scents without spending a ton of money on bath products.
The bubble bath recipes on
this page begin with one simple but tried-and-true base recipe, with
lots of scent blends for you to experiment with.
I especially like this recipe because it generates lots of bubbles which stay really well compared to some other recipes I've tried.
The secret to big, long-lasting bubbles
is the glycerin and sugar - you can substitute shower gel or even a
natural, mild dishwashing soap for the castile soap, but don't leave out
the glycerin or sugar.
Homemade Bubble Bath Recipe
1 1/2 cups (325ml) Liquid Castile Soap
2 tablespoons (10g) Vegetable Glycerin
1/2 tablespoon (7g) White Sugar
One of the Essential Oil blends below
Optional: up to 5 drops Food Coloring of your choice
Quick Links - Buy Supplies
- Gently stir together all ingredients in a large glass or ceramic
bowl (plastic will absorb the odor of the essential oils) until the
sugar has dissolved.
- Pour into a large dark glass or PET plastic bottle.
- Let sit for 24 hours before using, to let the homemade bubble bath recipe "cure". Store in a cool, dark place.
- To use, pour about 1/4 cup of bubble bath under hot running water. Lie back and enjoy the frothy goodness!
Scenting Your Homemade Bubble Bath Recipe
- 5 drops lavender essential oil, 4 drops lemon, 1 drop chamomile
- 5 drops bergamot essential oil, 4 drops orange, 1 drop geranium, ylang ylang OR jasmine
- Don't use this blend before sun exposure because it can increase the risk of sunburn.
Silk & Spice
- 5 drops lavender essential oil, 4 drops patchouli OR sandalwood, 1 drop clove
- If your skin is sensitive, leave out the clove.
Sweet Vanilla Heaven
- 5 to 10 drops vanilla absolute essential oil
- 3 drops rose absolute, 2 drops palmarosa, 1 drop geranium
Quick Links - Buy Supplies
Check out a few more yummy recipes for easy homemade bath products...
Bath & Body Oil Recipes
Bath Salt Recipes
Herbal Bath Recipes
Milk Bath Recipes
Homemade Lotion Recipes
Aromatherapy Recipes Homepage from Homemade Bubble Bath Recipe
How to Find More Aromatherapy Bath Recipes
Want to make homemade bath products with a certain ingredient in them? Simply use the Search Box below.
For example, to find lavender bath recipes, type in "lavender bath" (without the quotes) and hit Search.
Every page on this website that includes the words Lavender Bath will pop up.
Poke through them and decide what recipe to try next.
SEARCH BY INGREDIENT, RECIPE OR PROBLEM