Aromatherapy Diffuser Essential Oil Recipes
Blending essential oils for every mood!
Here are some simple diffuser essential oil recipes you can use to fill your home with the
delicious natural scents of essential oils.
Comforting and calming or fresh and energetic, use these
diffuser essential oil blends to set the mood and enrich your daily life.
We need all our home to be a haven in these stressful times, and this is one of the best ways to do it!
These essential oils recipes do more than just smell good - they're also therapeutic.
Diffusion is a great way to get the oils working inside your body - relaxing your muscles, calming your nerves and boosting your immune system.
(Not to mention killing germs.) Click here to learn more about
how aromatherapy works.
Aromatherapy diffuser essential oil blends are terrific for just about any room in your house.
They're especially good for people in nursing homes, sick rooms and anywhere spirits need a lift.
Click on the links below to jump to a recipe, or scroll down to browse through them.
Cinnamon Spice Diffuser Blend
This earthy, spicy blend is perfect for warming up your house in the colder months.
Homey and comforting! (Also has powerful antiviral and antibacterial action - good for flu season.) Add a drop of ylang ylang if you like a hint of floral sweetness. If not, just leave it out.
- 4 to 6 drops Patchouli essential oil
- 2 to 4 drops Cinnamon essential oil
- 3 to 5 drops Sweet Orange essential oil
- 1 to 2 drops Clove essential oil
- Optional: 1 drop Ylang Ylang essential oil
Caution: Do not use this aromatherapy diffuser oil in aromatherapy nebulizers - they can't take viscous (thick) oils.
Floral Lavender Diffuser Blend
This relaxing blend smells like a field of summer flowers. Use it to calm and relax cranky, agitated or anxious people.
It's also ideal for helping you relax for sleep - a sweet night-time retreat for your bedroom.
- 8 to 10 drops Lavender essential oil
- 2 to 3 drops Palmarosa essential oil
- 2 to 3 drops Rose Geranium essential oil
Fresh Mint Diffuser Blend
Cool and refreshing, this sweet, minty blend is great for hot summer evenings. The citronella should help reduce the bugs too!
To give it a lemony tint, add a drop of lemongrass essential oil. This blend will clear your head, boost your energy and focus your mind (great for studying.)
- 4 to 6 drops Spearmint essential oil
- 3 to 5 drops Peppermint essential oil
- 3 to 5 drops Palmarosa OR Citronella essential oil
- Optional: 1 drop Lemongrass essential oil
This is another good germ killer. All these essential oils boost your immune system and slow down the spread of viruses and bacteria.
Relaxing Woodsy Diffuser Blend
Deep and rich with a hint of sweetness, this relaxing blend is perfect for an evening of quiet, candlelit conversation.
It's a nice aromatherapy diffuser essential oil for men (with the palmarosa) because it's not too girly.
Adding a drop of vetiver will give this recipe a smoky undertone.
- 4 drops Lavender essential oil
- 2 drops Cedarwood essential oil
- 2 drops Orange OR Petitgrain essential oil
- 1 drop Palmarosa or Ylang Ylang essential oil
- Optional: 1 drop Vetiver essential oil
Sweetly Sensual Diffuser Blend
Soft, spicy and floral, this sensual blend with Sandalwood is more costly to make, but it's well worth it.
This is another wonderful cold weather blend, and a good one for the bedroom, being both
deeply relaxing and also aphrodisiac.
- 7 to 10 drops Sandalwood essential oil
- 2 drops Vanilla Absolute essential oil
- 1 drop Jasmine OR Ylang Ylang essential oil
In addition to blending essential oils using these recipes, you can always add just one of your favorite essential oils to your diffuser. Or get creative and experiment!
Check out the essential oil profiles to see the effects your chosen oils might have on you.
Or try making some other aromatherapy diffuser essential oil recipes such as
Cinnamon and Citrus Potpourri
or aromatherapy reed diffusers.
And to learn more about different types of aromatherapy diffuser (plus some other fun stuff!)
click on the links below.
Aromatherapy Oil Burners
Aromatherapy Diffuser Reeds
Citrus and Cinnamon Potpourri Recipe
Making Soy Candles
Essential Oil Diffusers Main Page
Aromatherapy Recipes Homepage from Diffuser Essential Oil Recipes
This excellent book by Valerie Ann Worwood shows how essential oils work on emotional healing.
Head over to Amazon.com and check out the customer reviews.
- How to use essential oils for specific ailments.
- A-Z of "emotional problems" with suggested oils and recipes.
- Personality types and essential oils personality profiles.
- Quick Reference Charts.
While you're there, take a look inside
the book cover - the table of contents is an awesome teaser!
I love this book - it's a terrific reference you'll find yourself using over and over.
Check it out!
If you're looking for a low-tech, inexpensive, purely practical
little diffuser, I give you the perfect solution!
- Handcrafted terra cotta, known for its absorbent properties.
- The scents last for weeks.
- Use them in your car, closet, bathroom, bedroom or office.
All you do is add a few drops of your favorite essential oil blend and enjoy.
I have one in my car (with a lemongrass blend) and one on my bedside table (with a lavender blend.)
At only $3 a piece, these
nifty little pendants are a quick, easy way to get a scent fix. Give 'em a try!
The Complete Book of Essential Oils
really is a "complete" resource with more than 600 recipes
- 10 basic essential oils (and how to use them)
- Work, travel & play
- Face, body & hair
- Babies, children, women, men & the elderly
- Home, garden, pets & holiday celebrations
- Cooking with essential oils
This is just a high-level look at the chapters.
Click on the book cover at
to see the table of contents - you'll be amazed at the amount of information.
I love this book - it's a terrific reference you'll use again and again (I know I do!)
Check it out!